Monday, October 1, 2012

Anything to get them Writing!!


This idea actually came about by accident! Our class mascot/guinea pig, Ben, 'got into' a freshly-written stack of my student's writing. Being the guinea pig that he is, he completely chewed up the corner of one of my students papers! :(
I was expecting tears because this particular paper was filled with blood, sweat and tears! To my surprise, the kids were ecstatic! Everyone wanted their paper to be chewed up by Ben!! 
Soooo, I might have told them that Ben carefully selects a well-written paper each night to 'chew'. 
Interesting conversations began to sprout!! How does Ben choose which paper he will eat? What is he looking for??? So I jumped in with an anchor chart! lol




Have your dog leave a paw print, your fish leave fish flakes...Anything to get them writing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment