Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pre-A Guided Reading

Pre-A readers are those that cannot read YET. These readers need to be taught:
~Letter Formation
~Letter Sounds
~Basic Sight Words
~Consonants & Vowels
~Spaces between words when writing
~Print concepts

When I meet with my small Pre-A group these are the supplies I have on hand:


(From the top, then clockwise)
1. Magnetic Letter Tray (see older post for explanation)
2. Letter book. Kids trace the letter, both upper and lowercase, and then say the sound. (From Jan Richardson website)
3. Touch and trace letters
4. Spaceman (for spaces between words)
5. Basic sight words
6. Guided Reading book I made. (just lined paper inside)
7. Dry Erase board (From Dollar Tree for only a buck!!)
8. Magnetic letters on 'lined paper' (Dollar Tree find!!)
9. A mini alphabet to show correct letter formation (they refer to this while doing Guided Writing)
10. The pink chart has reading strategies they can refer too

I then grab some 'just right' books, and follow Jan Richardson's lesson plan <--I HIGHLY recommend her book, it's awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment